When it comes to growing your hair thicker and longer, it can really seem almost impossible! Although it is said that hair grows about six inches each year on average, for some of us it just doesn’t feel like it. If the struggle has been real on growing your hair to the desired length, well don’t worry because here at SLEEK’E we have just the right tips to help your hair grow longer and stronger.
- Trim Your Hair Every 6 to 8 Weeks: It may sound ridiculous, but cutting your hair can actually help it grow longer. Split ends and any damaged hair could be the reasons why your growth process is much slower. Leaving your hair grow without having a trim on regular basis, it will cause your ends to suffer from damage and breakage. The goal is growing healthy strong hair and giving it the right care will help you achieve it.
- Distribute Your Hair’s Natural Oils: Now this may not be something new to some of you but to those who don’t know just yet, make sure to brush your hair before bed. Brushing your hair not only detangles it but it also helps to distribute the natural oils in your hair throughout your head. This will help stimulate the scalp and hair follicle to promote hair growth.
- Intake More Protein: Having long and healthy hair doesn’t only depend on which products you put on your hair; it also depends on what your body intakes. Eating the right amount of protein is a crucial part of hair growth since hair follicles are made of mostly protein. It has been shown that a lack of protein in your diet can actually promote hair loss.
- Vitamins Should Be Part of Your Morning Routine: Vitamin C, B, and biotin are exactly what your hair needs. You need make sure that you are supplying your hair with enough nutrition. Make sure to stop at your nearest pharmacy and buy a multivitamin that is formulated and labeled for hair, skin, and nails.
- Hydrate and Condition Your Hair Frequently: Avoiding conditioner makes your hair more prone to breakage, which can lead to the appearance of thinning hair. Coating your strands in a silky deep conditioner or hair mask regularly can help prevent damage while detangling strands.
Hair growth can’t happen overnight but with the right routine and nutrition it will definitely create a positive change that you can notice!